– Backing up your DFS and DFSR Folders –
- From within Backup Exec, select New Job from the Backup Tasks left-hand menu.
- Now in the Backup Job Properties screen, Under Selections, expand “Windows Servers” from the Favorite Resources tree. Now that you’ve installed the Remote Agent on your file server, it will be listed in this tree.
- Expand your file server’s tree further and further expand the “Shadow Copy Components” tree, followed by the “User Data” tree.
- Next, you’ll see the “Distributed File System Replication” tree, expand that, followed by the “DfsrReplicatedFolders” tree.
- Finally, you’ll see all of your existing replicated folders, select the checkbox next to any of them to mark them for backup.
- Once you’ve made all of your selections, you may run or schedule your backup job as usual.